Fraser Health (through Lower Mainland Facilities Management) contracted Cornerstone to complete a detailed Clinical Delivery Services Plans and Functional Program (at a room by room level) for Burnaby Hospital’s Phase 1 and 2 redevelopment projects. The project included functional programs for the following combination of new build and renovation:
- Interventional: Perioperative Services, Ambulatory Care Clinic.
- Support Services: MDRD, Biomedical Engineering, Food Services, Stores, Laundry/Linen, Housekeeping/Waste Management, Pharmacy, and Facilities Maintenance and Operations.
- Outpatient Services: 13 clinics including rehabilitation, oncology, maternity, PAC, and neurodiagnostics.
- Inpatient Units: General Med/Surg IPUs, Mental Health IPU.
- Administration: Various including Allied Health Hub, Union Offices, Foundation, and Hospital Administration.
- Diagnostics: Medical Imaging (including Nuclear Medicine and MRI), Diagnostic Cardiology, Laboratory, Respiratory Diagnostics.
- Emergency: Five-zone Emergency Department.
- MICY: Labour and Delivery, Maternity, and NICU (2A).
- Phase 2:
- Additional inpatient units
- Burnaby Cancer Centre
42,000 component gross square meters (~450,000 CGSF)
27 document sections written, covering over 35 service areas
50+ user group meetings